What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beautiful face

I meant to post yesterday, but was unable to get around to it. BUT, we have some AWESOME news. Lily came off her CPAP at 6:10 a.m. Monday and she was STILL off it as of 7 p.m. tonight! She was breathing ENTIRELY on her own and boy is her little face beautiful. It is the first time we have seen her with virtuely nothing on but the monitors, PICC line and feeding tube. She still isn't really tolerating feeds, but she has held down some of them. Eve was on 21 percent oxygen, which is what everyone breathes and as of last night they thought she would be off the CPAP maybe today, Tuesday. She just WOULDN'T wake up when we were there, she squirmed when you annoyed her! But she is still a cutie. She weighs 3 pounds 10 ounces, she's fluctuating, but still above birth weight. I haven't heard what Lily is yet. But I'm hoping Eve gets an isolette soon. She would look so much better in clothing and that is the only way she is going to be put in clothing, as far as I know. I was just so happy to see that they both look good, especially Lily. Eric said I would be surprised when I saw Lily yesterday and boy was I! But it was a great, awesome surprise. Not much else to say right now. We'll just hope they work on digesting those feeds. There is a picture of Lily without her CPAP at the top right of the page now. I figured we'd redo those as the girls looked more and more like themselves! We'll get up a picture of Eve's beautiful face as soon as we get to see it!!!

3 comments:

Clover said...

Hi Kate- this is Shamrocktwins from the bulletin board- I have a couple different online usernames. Your babies are so cute, and good luck with the pumping. My SIL exclusively pumped for about 3-4 months after my niece was born at 31 weeks weighing 2.5 pounds.

Claremont First Ward said...

Lily looks great! Congratulations to her for transitioning off of CPAP!

Kate said...

Thanx you two! The girls are looking good for sure. We hope they stay the course and continue to improve. They're 10 days old now!