What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So close!

The party is right around the corner! We have about 25 people who are definitely coming, so that is a decent size party for our house! To those who can't come, we'll have to find a time to get-together with you all! Anyone who hasn't RSVPd, or e-mailed, please try to so I have a final count and know how many burgers and hot dogs to have!!!

We have those, and people are bringing macaroni salad, potato salad, swedish meatballs, spinach dip, cookies/desserts and some people are bringing chips and other sides. We are providing the dogs and burgers, the cake, sodas, water and juices for the kids. We have pretty much everything but have to call tomorrow and order a cake. I wanted a more definite count first, but ah well! I stink at planning parties! We have just plain pink plates, because I can't afford to do the Pooh party settings. But I am going to do my darndest to get a Pooh cake! The girls love Pooh!!! We are praying for good weather otherwise it will be a PACKED house and that might not be so pleasant. Since it's at 2 p.m. I'm hoping the girls will not need to nap for most of the time. They usually nap at 12:30 til about 2 and then again at like 4:30 to 5 p.m. We are going to dress them alike this time around, but probably not as they get older and want to be different (if it comes to that, we aren't going to fight them!!!)
We had a little party with my parents and brother and with my brother's friend Kelly. The girls got a Pooh cake that my mother made and Evie was happy to grab a fistfull and pull it off the cake. Lily was dainty and fingered it like I did as a baby. Then I gave her a cut piece just her size and she smooshed it as she intently studied it. Even took a bite! They enjoyed their gifts from that. My brother bought them pink Yankees jerseys and shorts, which we so CUTE. He also bought them a shopping cart play "yard" that goes in their seat and a cup that you can rinse their hair with easier. The girls will get another season out of the jerseys, they are almost like dresses on them now!!! Check it out!

You can kind of see the Yankees wording. But of course it makes Lily look like a SUMO wrestler...she doesn't normally look that chubbo!!!

And so she isn't left out, here is Evie in her Jersey staring at some DVD she filtched from the shelf...

3 comments:

Jocasta said...

My fingers are crossed for good weather!

Connie said...

Kate, they are so cute. I love their chubs...Have a great time!!

Tracy said...

Have a wonderful party - enjoy it - no stress.
The girls are way too cute!!!!