What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Thursday, August 2, 2007

The big "8" "0"

Eve hit 8 pounds today! Exactly 8. Lily slowed down in her weight gain and is currently weighing in at 8 pounds 4.5 ounces, so Eve is rapidly catching up. Eve was a half pound smaller a birth, the lagged FURTHER behind, and has now nearly caught up. *Though even a few ounces is a lot at this age...) Lily had a grand old time today playing on their Pooh playmat from Michelle and Jay. She just LAID there and looked around, sometimes looked at the toys, for a good half hour. Which, for her, is something else, since she hates laying on her back! Eve didn't really wake up to do that, she just woke up to eat. Both girls are in their Baby Papasan seats (thanks Laura for the suggestion...) I found that wrapping them in a semi-swaddle in the seats is the best for keeping them calm. Now to get it to work when they are UPSTAIRS in bed in THEIR room, not downstairs in the living room...We are trying to figure out the best way to buy formula for the girls. They go through a 27 ounce can in about 3 and half days. Each of those costs $25 and that is getting expensive. Lily can easily eat about 4 ounces in a feeding now. That's a lot! Here are some new pictures to feast your eyes on!

We have Eve on the left, Lily on the right in this picture -- which was taken at Grandma M's house while the "boys" were sheetrocking upstairs at our house! Didn't want these cuties to inhale all that sheetrock crap...


Here we have the girls' first fight! Lily, on the right, seems to be the winner. Eve's screaming in her defeat...Oh and "my what big bellies we have..."
Mom and Eve's big eyes and Lily has fun with her Dad's beard...but it sure doesn't look like DAD is enjoying that tug much!!! I imagine it hurt!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Great weight gain! I am glad you like the chairs. I found the main reason they did so well in these is because I could swaddle them and even help keep those binkies in. They would not sleep nearly as long without being wrapped tight. It's the best thing I learned from the NICU, that swaddle wrap. Wishing you lots of sleep...

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, I may have a solution on the formula delimma. I order directly from www.enfamil.com. The cost includes shipping and isn't any higher than going to the grocery store. Plus, they deliver right to my door. I got so tired of going to the store every other day, I decided to have the formula delivered. You can even schedule a recurring delivery. Try it out!! I can't wait to see them later this month.

Love,
Chris

Karri said...

I dunno how things are in New York, but here where I live they have a program called WIC, which supplies a stipend for milk and formula. It's like food stamps, but not really, as it's very limited to things specifically needed to feed the babes. You might check to see if NY has anything like that.

Kate said...

Hey Karri! Yes, NY has WIC, but unfortunately Eric and I are above the income eligibility limits. We MAKE too much! Yeh, as if we make enough to live on, right? But yeh, we looked into that and found we're about 400 a month too high.

Chris, I was thinking of ordering from Enfamil. It would be nice not to have to worry about having to run out to the store if we run out of formula. See you soon.

Laura, YES, I lovet hat I can wrap the girls up in those seats! They've been doing well lately. I'm so glad we bought those. And I was told whent hey get bigger and can "play" sort of, or watch DVDs, they can sit in those. (I don't remember the weight limit...)