What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Company

Uncle Rob got here this morning and met "the twins". So far he hasn't held them, he's worried they'll spit up all over him, but I think I'll get him to do it later today or tomorrow. The girls have been fussy today, neither one wants to be put in a seat/swing/bed. I'm thinking about getting some sort of twins carrier so that when they are in "fusspot" mode, I can strap them both into it and carry them around the house. I can accomplish little household chores and hopefully keep them calm until they decide they'll acquiesce and go into a seat/swing/bed. I'm starting to worry a little about what is going to happen when Mom and Dad go home, because Mom has been helping out a lot with nighttime feedings/cry-fests. I know during the days I'm probably going to have to call on Grandma M to help out because I think otherwise I'd go nutters. Hopefully when they eventually start sleeping through the night I'll be able to handle things more on my own. But until then, Grandma will hopefully be able to help us out during the day so I can get a little shut-eye! No updates on their stats, but they seem to be evening out for us.
As an aside, does anyone remember what their babies were eating, volume-wise, at this age? Actual age, they are 11 weeks old. Adjusted age, they are only like a month old. So how much were your 1-month-olds eating, if you remember! I sometimes think they are eating too much. The girls like to take 100 mL every 3 hours or so and that's over 3 ounces. I think 4 ounces is 125 mL. All right, Lily is screaming her pretty little head off so I had better go and see if she'll latch on to her binkie or not...if so, YAY for my ear drums!!!!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Kate,
Are your girls on reflux meds? Nearly all preemies have reflux and a lot of doctors like to blame real pain on "collick". If they spit up a lot it hurts. My girls were on just mild meds but it made a world of difference in their crying and comfort. If they seem to cry a lot after eat, arch their backs etc... I can pull up some posts on reflux on the boards. What you will find though is the 8/10 of us have dealt with some form of reflux with our preemies. Email me if you need any help. It's a tough thing!

Kate said...

Laura,
The docs haven't said a thing about reflux, but the girls DO spit up. Sometimes more like an hour after eating, and it's partially digested looking too. If you can find any posts on reflux, that might be helpful in determining if the girls' symptoms look like that...thanks again!

Laura said...

I have yet to see a preemie pass that reflux by. I will email you the posts later this weekend, then you can ask the doctor.