What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

BIG babies!

Yup, that's right, the girls are certifiably HUGE. On Friday, Lily weighed in at 9 pounds 6.5 ounces and Eve weighed in at 9 pounds 3 ounces. They are really on a roll! That's more than 5 pounds over their birth weight in just 13 weeks! Adjusted age, the girls are about the equivalent of 6-week-olds. That means that they are JUST about starting to smile at us for real. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I can't wait untl they do it more regularly. Like, greeting you when they first see you with a big ole smile!
I'm still working on Child Health Plus for the babies. It looks like we will only have to pay $18 a month for insurance for the girls. That will be good, if we qualify. The Fidelis rep is coming to the house on Monday so we can fill out the paperwork. Even if we do get it, it isn't in effect until October 1. SO, we might have to take the girls to the county Health Department clinic for their 4 month shots. Because I think those come around in September. (That's based on their ACTUAL age, not their ADJUSTED age.)
Since I am the one who updates the blog, I asked Eric is he wanted to say anything. He said, "Hi." So, yeah, that's his two cents worth! Eric is great with the babies. It's wonderful that this generation involves both parents in baby care. Otherwise I think I'd go nuts!!!
Oh, just an aside, if anyone remembers. How much were your babies eating at 6 weeks old? Ours are up to 4 ounces every 3-4 hours. Seems like a lot to me, but who knows. Sometimes the girls only wait 2 -2.5 hours before wanting more! Also, if anyone wants to be REAL helpful, you can help us try to get some free formula. My Aunt Kris has been WONDERUFL and we can't thank her enough for her help in getting us a bunch of ready made formula from her pediatrician friends. But, I contacted Enfamil by e-mail and said we have twins and we can't afford all this formula what with hungry twins, and they mailed us two complimentary cans! Might work for everyone else. I didn't have to PROVE that I had twins or anything, or even that I had babies!! Anyway, hope that update keeps you occupied for a bit. Here's two pictures to check out!



This is Lily wearing the CUTEST dress ever. Aunt Sue, thanks for the great outfits. Unfortunately, I don't think either girl fits in them anymore. They are getting really big really fast! And just because we loved the dresses so much, here is Eve in hers: (She wasn't being very cooperative. This is the only shot she isn't screaming in...)

No comments: