What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Food for thought

Eric and I went up to see the girls tonight and held both of them. Eve was moved to the intermediate nursery where she is going to grow, learn to bottle feed better, hopefully get off her nasal canula and try to maintain her temperature by herself. Right now, she is still having trouble sucking, swallowing and breathing all at once. She gets tired and has heartrate decels and o2 saturation drops while feeding. Hopefully with practice she will stop doing that. She is also having temperature maintenance issues and was wearing a onesie, longsleeve/legged pjs and two blankets. OH, and a hat and socks too.

Lily was sleepy while being held today, but STILL very cute of course. AND, after we left, and I left upset because she was still not on feeds and I didn't know what was going to happen with her, Eric called NICU and guess what they said? They had given Lily about 5 ccs of he thinks they said Pediasure. I gather that is the one, not Pedialyte for a tyke who CAN'T go to the bathroom, because that is for kids with diarrehea someone told me. She does NOT have that! Anyway, I HOPE against hope that Lily can tolerate this small amount of food and that she can poop later on too. They are probably going to put her on meds to speed that bowel function up too. Still no idea why it was/is so slow though. BUT, I hope that Lily gets up to full feeds because if she goes tot he intermediate nursery, we can hold BOTH girls at the same time and they can be next to each other, though not in the same crib, and I can't WAIT Until they are able to interact again. It'll be three weeks tomorrow since they were together! Anyway, pray that Lily can digest that stuff they fed her, and from there hopefully digest breastmilk as well. God knows I have enough for the both of them!

And I hope the Eve video below will now work...No new pics yet. I haven't taken them off the computer.

No comments: