What We Weigh!

We haven't been to the pediatrician in ages! SOOO, I guess we weigh about 24 pounds now...(May 10)

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Still no news...

We still don't know what's wrong with Lily. She hadn't passed the barium yet, and they were still taking x-rays today, so maybe TOMORROW we will have some news on what her situation is. Today I got to do kangaroo care with her -- which is skin-to-skin contact. They basically put her in my shirt, wrapped it back around her and ... that's it. It's supposed to be really beneficial for preemies especially, so I'd like to do it as often as possible. She looked comfie too. Eric took the pictures JUST after she was put in there, so she hadn't found her spot yet. But he had to go feed Eve, so he couldn't get a picture of her when she was just about to come out. It was ADORABLE. Take my word for it! This picture is her getting settled. She isn't quite there yet, though. She ended up turned her head up toward my chin and grabbing my undershirt, which she was sort of sitting in ... in the photo album I'll post some more versions of this time with Lily.



Eve, as I mentioned, had Daddy feed her today! She actually took more bottle from him than any of the nurses. Like 10-15 mL or something like that. Still not a whole feed, but hey! Here is the little lady eating from her bottle. There are some CUTE shots of her afterward too, which I'll also put in the photo album. I'm going to add another video to the bottom of the page too because I needed one of calm, looking-around Eve like we have for Lily. Eve's nurse suggested today that I try holding Eve to the breast next feeding time and giv eher the chance to just get a feel for it, even though we know she won't be able to actually get much, if anything, from it. She said if I didn't do that, I could kangaroo her too. I think both girls could benefit from it. I sort of noticed when I was holding Lily that when she started to breath slower and get closer to her monitor alert settings, if I sped up my own breathing, she did too. It might have been coincidence, but I want to try it again. I'm a little happier today, after holding her, and seeing Eve eat fro the bottle. But I'm still quite worried about Lily at the same time. I'll be going back tomorrow and hopefully I'll find out something on her situation. We shall see.
And as a side note: We have a little boy named Jay in Lily's NICU who is going in to get a tracheotomy tomorrow afternoon. Just keep him in all your thoughts. He's a heck of a fighter, but everyone can use a little extra prayer. Includig his mom Chris and his grandparents. Thanks!

2 comments:

Kevin Rumsey said...

Hey Eric and Katie,

Karen told me that Lily and Eve have a blog so I no longer have to get my updates secondhand from Karen or Jessica. The girls look great. Glad to read that Eve is doing so well and I hope Lily’s digestion issues get straightened out soon.

Having lived through Caroline in her cast last fall, I know these couple months must seem like an eternity, but the day will come when Lily and Eve are at home with you and you will soon forget that life was ever any different.

Please do not hesitate to ask if there is ever anything Colleen or I can do to help you out – we’re only about 15-20 minutes away from the hospital. When the girls do come home, we would be happy to baby sit for a while if you guys come up to Albany to do some shopping.

Best wishes! – Love, Kevin

Kate said...

Kevin! Glad you found us! Hey, we might just take you up on that babysitting offer sometime! I haven't posted yet, but Lily did have a stool today and we are overjoyed! Funny what excites NICU parents! Take care!